Scanning Information: Optimum Solutions Corp
Alternate Version AvailableYou are viewing the Web site for the original version of the DHQ. The latest version is the DHQ II. You may want to see the DHQ II version of this information.
Optimum Solutions Corp. (OSC) provides scanning services to capture data from the Diet History Questionnaire (DHQ) using their proprietary patented FAQSS software. (Fast, Accurate, Questionnaire, Scanning System).
To order DHQ-1 forms from OSC, download and fill out the OSC order form available below. You may print the completed form and fax it to Susan Steinbach at 516-247-5301, or in the case of the MS Word version, you may save the completed form and e-mail the attachment to WestatCancerStudy@oscworld.com. Call Susan Steinbach at 516-247-5316 with any questions.
Cost per form are:
$3.00 for <500 forms
$2.50 for >500 forms
The forms will be mailed UPS ground unless otherwise instructed. An invoice will be mailed after shipping and will include the shipping costs. Payments must be rendered via check.
Package all completed DHQ-1 forms in a box without folding the questionnaires. Please send batches of at least 100 forms. If you administered less than 100 forms, please receipt all forms before sending to OSC and notify OSC that the batch represents the total number of forms for the study. Ship to the address below:
Optimum Solutions Corp.
170 Earle Avenue, 2nd floor
Lynbrook, NY 11563
ATTN: Susan Steinbach
- To contract with Optimum Solutions Corp. (OSC) to scan the completed
DHQ-1 forms, please notify Susan Steinbach at least 2 weeks before
sending the questionnaires. Provide the:
- approximate number of questionnaires to be scanned
- date they will be sent
- your expected data delivery date
- A cost proposal will be prepared for your signature based on estimated quantity, BRM usage, modification to template, etc.
- Mail the completed forms to OSC.
- You will be billed after the questionnaires have been scanned and the data delivered. Projects with a duration of 30 days or more may have interim invoicing.
- A minimum of $500 will be billed for processing the forms. This will cover the cost of scanning 259 DHQ-1 forms. Each additional scanned form will cost $1.93. Taxes are only charged to NY State clients.
- Studies will remain open for a maximum of 90 days after the receipt of first batch of surveys. If your study continues past this point, OSC will invoice a minimum of $500 after 90 days.
Payments to OSC must be rendered via check.
Changes to the DHQ-1 will require a modification to the OSC scanning template. This modification will incur additional charges. For changes, please follow the procedures below.
- Send an electronic version of the revised DHQ (using sample questionnaire files) and a list of the changes made to the original DHQ-1 to Susan Steinbach, WestatCancerStudy@oscworld.com.
- Charges for template modification will range from $25 to $250, depending on the extent of changes. For example if the changes are added at the beginning of the questionnaire, more pages will need to be changed, thus incurring more cost.
- Susan Steinbach will review the changes and send you an estimated proposal.
- It will take approximately 5 days to finalize the modified template which includes testing of live surveys.
- You will be billed as detailed in step 2.
Sample instruments, coding documentation, and a Diet*Calc data dictionary are available for each version of the DHQ. In addition to these files, you will need the most recent nutrient database. The questionnaire files are provided as samples and can not be scanned. The DHQ-1 must be printed by OSC (see Order DHQ-1 forms and Modify the Questionnaire above).
If you have already begun a study using the previous version of the DHQ that had the years in the Today's Date box go up to 2006, you can continue using those forms in 2007. A mark in the bubble for 2002 will be read into the data file created by OSC as 2007.
|DHQ-1 2007 Files for Optimum Solutions Corp|
|dhq1.2007.osc.zip - all files|
The contents of the zip file are:
The files below are for researchers who have already conducted a study using the DHQ1.2002. If you are beginning a new study, use the DHQ1.2007 files in the above table.
|DHQ-1 2002 Files for Optimum Solutions Corp|
|dhq1.2002.osc.zip - all dhq1.2002 files|
The contents of the zip file are:
Last Modified: 18 Oct 2013