Data Collection Instruments
- Automated Self-Administered 24-hour Dietary Recall (ASA24)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Considerations for Using ASA24
- Resources for Study Staff & Participants
- Resource for Funding & Ethics Applications
- Reviewing & Cleaning Data
- Known Issues & Workarounds
- Resources Related to the Healthy Eating Index (HEI)
- SAS Code for Updating Beta Output Files
- Fact Sheet (PDF, 339 KB)
Resource for Funding & Ethics Applications
This document has been created as a ready-to-use resource for researchers proposing to use ASA24 in their studies and required to describe the tool in funding and/or ethics applications. The document provides an overview of ASA24, including the methodology and features of the tool; addresses security and participant confidentiality issues; and includes numerous screen shots depicting the process of completing a recall. The document is provided as a PDF and also as a Word file to allow researchers to adapt the content as needed for their purposes.
ASA24™ is a trademark of HHS.
Last Modified: 11 Apr 2014