In this issue:
- Message from Dr. Rachel Ballard-Barbash
- Save the Date! International Cancer Screening Network Meeting in 2015
- Watch for Cancer Care and Economics Research Blog!
- Research Initiatives
- New & Forthcoming Data
- Policy-relevant Research Syntheses
- Measures & Methods
- Welcome New Staff
- Employment Opportunities
Policy-relevant Research Syntheses
Meeting Kicks Off Obesity Roundtable
Dr. Robin McKinnon (Risk Factor Monitoring and Methods Branch) participated in a January 2014 workshop titled "The Current State of Obesity Solutions in the United States." The meeting was convened by the Institute of Medicine to launch its three-year Roundtable on Obesity Solutions. It featured panel sessions and speakers from multiple societal sectors, including early care and education, schools, worksites, healthcare, communities and states, the federal government, and business and industry.
The workshop goals were to:
- describe the current obesity prevention and control landscape;
- increase awareness of progress and opportunities in obesity prevention and control;
- identify strategies with greatest impact and opportunities for cross sector alignment and collaboration; and
- identify gaps in programs and implementation.