Description of PROSPR Organization Chart
This graphic represents the general structure of PROSPR and includes the names of lead personnel for each PROSPR sub-group.
- The PROSPR network consists of seven PROSPR Research Centers (PRCs), the Statistical Coordinating Center (SCC), and the National Cancer Institute (NCI). There are three breast cancer PRCs, one cervical cancer PRC, and three colorectal cancer PRCs.
- The PROSPR Steering Committee provides guidance and oversight for the PROSPR network as a whole. The Steering Committee consists of representatives from each PRC, the SCC, and NCI. Jennifer Haas chairs the Steering Committee; Ann Geiger serves as NCI's Scientific Advisor for the Steering Committee.
- NCI staff for PROSPR are as follows, Ann Geiger (Lead Scientific Advisor), Carrie Klabunde (Project Scientist) and Paul Doria-Rose (Project Scientist), Anita Ambs (Program Director), and Julia Strasser (Program Manager).
- The SCC is located at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Lead SCC staff are as follows: Bill Barlow (Lead PI), Mark Thornquist (Lead PI), Elisabeth Beaber (Staff Scientist), Stephanie Page-Lester (Project Coordinator), and Ann Geiger (NCI Scientific Advisor).
- The breast PRCs are located at the University of Pennsylvania with Lead PIs: Katrina Armstrong and Mitchell Schnall; the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and Brigham and Women's Hospital with Lead PIs: Anna Tosteson, Jennifer Haas, and Tracy Onega; and the University of Vermont with Lead PIs: Brian Sprague and Donald Weaver. Carrie Klabunde is the NCI Project Scientist for the breast PRCs.
- The sole cervical PRC is located at the University of New Mexico with Lead PI: Cosette Wheeler. Paul Doria-Rose is the NCI Project Scientist for the cervical PRC.
- The colorectal PRCs are located at the Group Health Research Institute with the Lead PI: Carolyn Rutter; Parkland-UT Southwestern with Lead PIs: Celette Sugg Skinner and Ethan Halm; and the Kaiser Foundation Research Institute with Lead PIs: Douglas Corley, Chyke Doubeni, T.R. Levin, Ann Zauber. Carrie Klabunde is the NCI Project Scientist for the colorectal PRCs.
- There are two working groups with cross-PRC membership. The Health Disparities working group is co-chaired by Stephen Inrig and Nancy Breen; the NCI Scientific Advisor is Carrie Klabunde. The Screening Process Measures is co-chaired by Tracy Onega and Jasmin Tiro; the NCI Scientific Advisor is Ann Geiger.
- Two main stakeholder groups interact with the PROSPR network. The PROSPR Consulting Committee (PCC) provides guidance on the goals and progress of the PROSPR network, and the PROSPR Information Network (PIN) is designed to help disseminate information from the PROSPR network to various government agencies and other relevant institutions.
- The PCC includes Vicki Benard (CDC), Tim Church (U. of Minnesota), G. Scott Gazelle (MGH), Jennifer Malin (Wellpoint), Jennifer Croswell (AHRQ), Heidi Nelson (OHSU), David Ransohoff (UNC), Steve Taplin (NCI). Julia Strasser is the NCI Point of Contact for the PCC.
- The PIN includes: Sarah Kobrin, Rocky Feuer, Angela Mariotto, Andy Freedman, Debbie Winn, Paul Wagner, Paul Pinksy, Asad Umar, Lalitha Shankar, Mark Schiffman, Kate Castro, Lori Henderson (all NCI); Tess Miller (AHRQ); Mary White, Jacqueline Miller, Lisa Richardson (CDC); Bob Smith (ACS); and Martin Brown (PCORI). Julia Strasser is the NCI Point of Contact for the PIN.
Return to "PROSPR Organization Chart".