Monitoring Risk & Health Behaviors
- The Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey (TUS-CPS)
- What topics are covered on the questionnaire?
- How can the data be used?
- Where can I get the data & questionnaire?
- What are the current & past survey findings?
- What are NCI's future plans?
- Suggested Citation
- Reports & Publications Using the TUS-CPS
- New, Updated, & Modified Files
- Print or view entire document (excludes tables)
- TUS-CPS Translations into Other Languages
- 2009 Users' Workshop
- 2007 Users' Workshop
- TUS-CPS Fact Sheet (PDF, 136 KB)
Users' Workshop 2007
The Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey (TUS-CPS) Users' Workshop was designed to enhance participants' knowledge of TUS-CPS data and how to use this rich and unique data resource.
Participants learned how to make the most of TUS-CPS data to:
- monitor progress in efforts to control tobacco use;
- evaluate tobacco control programs;
- conduct tobacco-related research; and
- link occupational, economic, time use, or Internet access information to tobacco use data.
TUS-CPS data is available on the national, state, and sub-state levels.
The workshop was conducted in Minneapolis the day before the National Conference on Tobacco or Health (NCTOH). We acknowledge the NCTOH sponsors for providing meeting space for this important workshop.
We would like to thank the speakers, the American Legacy Foundation and the rest of the Planning Committee for their guidance, and all participants for contributing toward the success of the workshop.
Conducted by: Risk Factor Monitoring & Methods Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute in collaboration with survey co-sponsor, Office of Smoking and Health (OSH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Last Modified: 03 Sep 2013