Standardized Questionnaires of Walking & Bicycling Database:
About This Database
You are browsing a database of standardized
questionnaires that ask about respondents' walking and bicycling habits. The
Applied Research Program maintains this database, but, except where noted, did
not create and does not maintain the questionnaires themselves. For more
information about a specific questionnaire, please contact its author(s). When
possible, we cite the source of each questionnaire near the top of the page.
1991 National Health Interview Survey
Pereira MA, FitzGerald SJ, Gregg EW, Joswiak ML, Ryan WJ, Suminski RR, Utter AC, Zmuda JM.
A collection of Physical Activity Questionnaires for health-related research.
Med Sci Sports Exerc 1997 Jun;29(6 Suppl):S1-205.
- In the past 2 weeks (outlined on that calendar) beginning Monday, (date) and ending this past Sunday, (date) have YOU done any of the following exercises, sports, or physically active hobbies --
- Walking for exercise? YES NO
- Riding a bicycle or exercise bike? YES NO
- How many times in the past 2 weeks did you go/do (activity in 2a)?
- On the average, about how many minutes did you actually spend (doing) (activity in 2a) each time?
- What usually happened to your heart rate or breathing when you [did/went] (activity in 2a)? Did you have a small, moderate or large increase, or no increase at all in your heart rate or breathing?
- no inc.