Standardized Questionnaires of Walking & Bicycling Database:
About This Database
You are browsing a database of standardized
questionnaires that ask about respondents' walking and bicycling habits. The
Applied Research Program maintains this database, but, except where noted, did
not create and does not maintain the questionnaires themselves. For more
information about a specific questionnaire, please contact its author(s). When
possible, we cite the source of each questionnaire near the top of the page.
One-Page Questionnaire of Physical Activity - Vitamins and Lifestyle (VITAL) Study
Littman AJ, White E, Kristal AR, Patterson RE, Satia-Abouta J, Potter JD.
Assessment of a one-page questionnaire on long-term recreational physical activity.
Epidemiology 2004 Jan;15(1):105-13.
- In the past 10 years, did you WALK for exercise? Include walking on a treadmill.
- Yes, at least once a week for a year:
- How many years in the past 10?
- Days per week?
Minutes per day?
- Casual (each mile takes 30 minutes or more)
- Moderate (each mile takes 20-29 minutes)
- Fast (each mile takes 19 minutes or less)